My Amped WiFi Extender Keeps Dropping Signal. Help Me!
A few days back, one of the Amped extender users approached our technical experts stating that his WiFi extender keeps dropping signal. The problem was tactfully handled by our profound team; however, later we received multiple queries regarding the same.
Are you also struggling with the same problem? No worries! Here, we have covered all users who are unable to access a high-speed internet connection due to fluctuation in WiFi signals. So, let’s get started.
Fixed: Amped WiFi Extender Keeps Dropping Signal
I. Connect WiFi Devices Properly
The primary reason behind the WiFi extender keeps dropping signal issue might be an improper connection between the Amped extender and host router. Perhaps, you did not pay heed to the correct guidelines while connecting both WiFi devices. The parameters for a stable connection between them are different for a wired and wireless source. Just in case you are unaware of those parameters, have a look at the following points:
- Wired Source- Using a wired source means that an Ethernet cable is a medium connecting both WiFi devices. For a steady connection, the Ethernet cable must not be faulty. Also, it should be firmly connected to the ports of your WiFi devices.
- Wireless Source- If a wireless source is used, then the distance between your WiFi devices plays a crucial role. It must be proper i.e. neither too less nor too much.
II. Get Rid of WiFi Interference
The Amped WiFi extender keeps dropping signals issue can also occur if the placement of your extender is not correct. Chances are that you have placed your Amped device in a congested space where a lot of WiFi interference-creating factors are present.
Some examples of WiFi interference-creating factors are cellular phones, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, mirrors, aquariums, glasses, microwave ovens, refrigerators, treadmills, etc. So, keep your Amped range extender in an airy room that is free of such devices and objects.
III. Update the Firmware
Do you keep ignoring the pending firmware updates for your Amped range extender? If you have answered the question in yes, then you’ve opened the door for the Amped WiFi extender keeps dropping signal issue. Being the controller of every activity related to your Amped range extender, the firmware needs to be updated at all costs.
The firmware can be updated by accessing the setup.ampedwireless.com login page. However, if you own an Amped SR10000 extender, you have to access the setup.ampedwireless.com SR10000 login page. Feel free to get in touch with our experts if you are unable to update the firmware of your Amped device.
Quick Tip: The Amped WiFi extender keeps dropping signal issue can also occur from the end of your Internet Service Provider. Therefore, contact him to inquire about the same. If the issue is from his side, give him some time to get it resolved.
IV. Reboot the Extender
Technical glitches can also force you to face the Amped WiFi extender keeps dropping signal issue. To resolve them, you need to give a fresh start to your WiFi device. The reason being rebooting is a perfect resort to fix minor bugs and errors. Here’s how you can go about the reboot process:
- Disconnect your Amped extender and the host router.
- Set the power button on your Amped device to the OFF position and unplug the extender from the wall outlet.
- Avoid doing anything with your Amped extender for some time.
- Plug your Amped device back into the wall outlet and set the power button to the ON position.
- Re-establish a connection between your Amped range extender and the host router.
- Once you are done with rebooting, check whether the issue exists or not. If yes, then give a shot to the next troubleshooting tip.
V. Reset the Extender
Tried every troubleshooting technique but the issue doesn’t seem to get fixed? It seems that you have configured your Amped range extender improperly. So, what are you waiting for? Reset and reconfigure your extender.
To reset your Amped extender, push the Reset button carefully and let it get restored to the factory default settings. The moment your extender resets, you have to access the setup.ampedwireless.com login page to set up the Amped extender from scratch.
The WiFi extender keeps dropping signal is an issue that almost every Amped user faces. But, trying a few troubleshooting techniques can eliminate the issue and refresh your internet usage experience. We hope that this post will help you overcome your sorrow. However, you can contact our support team at any hour of the day if you need quick help to fix the issue.