How to Setup Amped Wireless SR150 Range Extender?
Got your hands on an Amped wireless SR150 range extender? Well, you made a great choice. This device is known to fill up every corner of the house with an ultra-high-speed internet connection. But, do you know how to setup Amped wireless SR150 extender? No? Then, take a walk through this post and learn the entire process of making your WiFi device up and running like a champ.
Methods to Setup Amped Wireless SR150
Prior to learning the steps to install your brand new Amped wireless SR150 range extender, we would like to inform you about the methods that can be implemented for that. Two methods are available at your disposal when it comes to setting up Amped wireless SR150 wireless extender. You can put the convenient one to use.
1. Manual Method: This method involves accessing the graphical user interface of the Amped SR150 via the default web address. Plus, you need to get hold of a device with a web browser.
2. WPS Method: To setup Amped wireless SR150 extender using the WPS method, you only have to push a button.
Now that you have become aware of the basic difference between both setup methods, dive in deep to know how to set up your WiFi device.
Steps to Setup Amped Wireless SR150 Extender
The next two sections comprise the complete guidelines to perform Amped wireless SR150 setup via both methods. Make sure you walk through every step carefully so that no obstacle can block your path amidst the setup process. However, the first two steps to setup Amped wireless SR150 in both methods are the same.
The first step involves unboxing your Amped SR150 device whereas the second step talks about powering it up after connecting it to a wall outlet. But, powering up should not be done without confirming the non-damaged status of the wall socket.
Setup Amped Wireless SR150 Manually
- After powering up your Amped wireless SR150 device, get access to an Ethernet cable.
- The Ethernet cable must neither be flipped nor damaged from any point.
- Create an unshakable extender-router connection with the help of the cable.
- Right after that, fire up a laptop and run an internet browser.
- Any web browser can be put to use. For example Chrome, Edge, Opera, Safari, etc.
- Make your way to the Amped extender’s dashboard by entering the default web address into the URL bar.
- Here, walk through the on-screen instructions and save the changes.
This concludes the section revealing how to setup Amped wireless SR150 via the manual method. In case you need help during the Amped wireless extender setup process, contact our experts. They will help you in no time.
Setup Amped Wireless SR150 via WPS Method
- Start by pulling your host router a little closer to your Amped SR150 range extender.
- Once a safe distance is established between both devices, find the WPS button on Amped SR150.
- Have you successfully found it? Great! Now, press it.
- Straight after that, find and push the WPS button located on your host router.
- Let the Amped wireless SR150 range extender be configured.
This is how to setup Amped wireless SR150 range extender with the push of a WPS button. Now, accessing a high-speed internet connection in hard-to-reach places won’t be a challenge.
After Amped Wireless SR150 Setup
Are you done setting up your Amped wireless device? Now, take the next step towards securing it. Else, anyone can breach your extender’s security. Mentioned below are the steps disclosing the process of assigning a customized password and username to the Amped wireless SR150 extender:
- Run a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Make sure that it is not loaded with cache.
- Now, type setup.ampedwireless.com into the address box.
- As soon as the dashboard of your extender shows up, head over to the Management tab.
- Click Login Password.
- On the next window, type the new username into the New Login field.
- Thereafter, insert the extender’s password into the New Password field.
- Click Apply.
Soon, the changes you’ve made to your Amped SR150 extender will get saved. Now, you have to make use of new login credentials to reach the extender’s web GUI. However, changing the extender’s password is not the only thing that should be done after you setup Amped wireless SR150 extender. You also have to change its SSID and update the firmware. To know how to do that, get in touch with our professionals.